Wednesday, September 8, 2010

(I Can Finally) Rest in Peace...!!!

As you already know, my mom started chemo almost a week ago (last Thursday).  That day was probably one of the toughest days yet.  But ever since that day, I have felt relief!

I was able to go home this past weekend to see my mom, and guess what...there is good news!  She is handling the chemo really, REALLY well.  She is showing most of the side effects the doctors expected like joint and bone pain, drowsiness, sores in her mouth, and not much of an appetite.  While all of this is no fun, she has been able to live her life basically the same for the entire stretch of the day!  She has been able to go on 45 minutes walks everyday.  She goes to church, goes to work, hangs out with friends, shopping, etc.  Even though she is basically dead by 6:00p.m., the chemo treatments and cancer have not held her back much.

After seeing her in such good shape I am happy to say that I can finally REST IN PEACE!!!!  I have not worried one bit since this weekend.  I am still concerned (just like any normal person would be), but I know that God is taking care of her...and of me.  At church on Sunday, the sermon was about Matthew 6:25.  In this verse Jesus tells us not to worry.  If you go on to read through verse 34, you will see where the Bible tells us not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  These verses have given me such peace that I now feel like I can breath, I can live my life like I normally would...just like my mom!

So for all of you worriers out there, remember what the Bible tells us, and hopefully you, too, can rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment